Here you will find our upcoming events as well as an indication of our recent activities.
ACCORD-lectures is a series on fundamental philosophical and theological questions concerning issues of Cultural and Religious Diversity. Recent lectures were help by John Maraldo, Wentzel van Huyssteen and Perry Schmidt-Leukel.
ACCORD New Voices-lectures give the stage to young scholars with original ideas and in-depth knowledge of comparative philosophical and theological questions. Recent New Voices were Scott Dalby and Fabian Voelker.
- January 20: Lucas den Boer will give a New Voices lecture in the context of the course-series on Eastern Philosophy delivered by Annewieke Vroom.
- From August 15th through October 15th, we warmly welcome rof. Victor Hori as Researcher in Residence. Prof. Hori is Associate Professor in Japanese Religions at the McGill University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. View his university profile here.
- September 28: ACCORD recommends the bi-annual Indologist's Day, which is this year devoted to the work and retirement of prof. dr. Hans Bakker (Gonda-professor in Sanskrit, the history of Hinduism and Indian philosophy at Groningen University). The event is organized by the Vereniging Vrienden van het Instituut Kern (VVIK). For more information, click here.
- October 7th: In collaboration with the Lalla Rookh Chair on Indian Diaspora led by dr. C.E.S. Choenni (VU University) ACCORD has invited mrs. Ela Gandhi, peace activist and granddaughter of Ela Gandhi, for a lecture on 'Participative Democracy and Non-violence'. We gladly invite you for this special event. Those interested are requested to sign up via firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, see the flyer.
- October 16: prof. dr. Christa Anbeek will give her inaugural address titled: ‘Delivered to the heathens: how theology can survive the 21st century’. See for more information this link.
- November 1: prof. dr. Marianne Moyaert will give her inaugural address titled ‘Beyond the Christianisation of religion: comparative theology between text and matter’. See for more information this link.
- November 28: prof. dr. Yolande Jansen will give her inaugural address. See for more information this link.
- September 11th: ACCORD-lecture with prof. Jim Heisig (Nanzan University, Japan). The title of this lecture is ‘Christian Faith after Dialogue with Buddhism.’ A response will be given by Prof. Christa Anbeek. For more information you can view the flyer.
- June 12th: ACCORD-lecture with Monodeep Daniel. For details, see the flyer. This event is connected with Mr. Daniels promotion on Thursday the 13th at VU University and with a symposium he will attend on Friday the 14th. This symposium is co-hosted by ACCORD. For more information on the symposium, please see the invitation [Dutch].
- March 23rd: ACCORD-symposium on Chinese Buddhism in the Netherlands.
- January-February - Vedānta-Symposium with Swami Santatmananda
- June -Buddhism@VU with Brian Victoria.
- June -Symposium on Theory and Practice in East and West with ACCORD-lecture by John Maraldo and New Voices lecture by Scott Dalby.
- May - intra-faculty open classes series on Religions and Peace.
- April - ACCORD recommends a symposium on Theology and Art with Willie van der Merwe and our fellow Wessel Stoker.
- March - Annewieke Vroom co-hosted a symposium on Double Dialogue with Nelly Harder-van Doorn. ACCORD-Lecture by dr.Helene Egnell.
- February - ACCORD recommends a symposium on Religie en Bezit with our fellow Henk Vroom.
- January - New Voices-lecture by Fabian Voelker on Evil in Hindu Philosophy.